Your Mentoring Agreement
Thank you for becoming a valued client of The Professional Woman’s Mentor! Below is the mentoring retainer agreement. Please read it and sign by filling in the forms at the end. You will receive a copy via email for your records.
Business Mentoring Agreement
Agreement between: Carla Howard, The Professional Woman’s Mentor, LLC (Mentor) and client listed below, (Client) whereby Mentor agrees to provide Mentoring Services for Client for up to three months from today’s date.
Description: Mentoring is an alliance between the Mentor and the Client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential.
1. The Client is responsible for creating and implementing his/her own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results. As such, the Client agrees that the Mentor is not and will not be liable for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Mentor. Client understands mentoring is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
2. The Client understands that mentoring is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, mental, medical or other qualified professionals and will seek independent professional guidance for such matters. If Client is currently under the care of a mental health professional, Mentor will recommend that Client inform the mental health care provider.
3. The Client agrees to communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and create the time and energy to participate fully in mentoring.
Services: The parties agree to engage in a recurring mentoring relationship with the following parameters:
· 6 Mentoring Sessions (2 per month) / Each session is 1 hour
o If you live in the Phoenix area (and our schedules align), 2 of the sessions may be in person
· 4 Optional Check-ins / 15 minute phone calls
· Email support for the duration of your mentoring package
· One of my favorite books!
o "Nice Girls Don't Get the Corner Office: Unconscious Mistakes Women Make That Sabotage Their Careers" by: Lois P. Frankel Note: Books are mailed within 1 week of our first mentoring session
The parties shall meet phone, or in person as stipulated above. The Mentor will be available to Client by e-mail and voicemail in between scheduled meetings as time permits.
Schedule & Fees: This agreement is valid beginning on the date signed below. The fee is $1,495 for the 3 mentoring package, full payment is required prior to the first mentoring session. The Client is responsible for scheduling all mentoring sessions with the Mentor. Any mentoring sessions not scheduled during the month is forfeited by the Client.
Mentoring Session Procedure:
1. If meeting by phone, the Mentor will initiate all scheduled calls. International clients will call the Mentor’s designated phone number at (623) 670-3893 at the appointed time.
2. The calls/meetings shall be 60 minutes in length.
3. The time of the mentoring meetings will be determined by Mentor and Client based on a mutually agreed upon time using an online scheduling system, initiated by the Client.
4. If the Client will be at any other number for a scheduled call, the Mentor will be notified prior to the scheduled appointment time.
5. If the Client is more than 15 minutes late than the appointed time, the scheduled time will be forfeited by the Client.
Confidentiality: This mentoring relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that the Client shares with the Mentor as part of this relationship, will be held confidential by the Coach, but is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like in Medicine or Law). The Mentor agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to the Client without the Client’s written consent. The Mentor will not disclose the Client’s name as a reference without the Client’s consent. Confidential information does not include information that: (a) was in the Mentor’s possession prior to its being furnished by the Client; (b) is generally known to the public or in the Client’s industry; (c) is obtained by the Coach from a third party, without breach of any obligation to the Client; (d) is independently developed by the Coach without use of or reference to the Client’s confidential information; or (e) that the Coach is required by law to disclose.
Topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared for training, supervision, evaluation, professional development and/or consultation purposes.
I understand that the Mentor is not a licensed coach or therapist, and that she will share insights and experience based on her personal experience. It is the Client’s responsibility to determine the applicability of the advice and concepts discussed between Mentor and Client.
Cancellation Policy: Client agrees that it is the Client's responsibility to notify the Mentor 24 hours in advance of the scheduled calls/meetings. Mentor reserves the right to bill Client for a missed meeting. Mentor will attempt in good faith to reschedule the missed meeting.
Termination: The client may terminate this agreement during our first session, or within 24 hours of the initial session for a full refund for the complete package, which includes the used first session. After 24 hours following the initial session has passed, either the Client or the Mentor may terminate this agreement at any time with two (2) weeks written notice (may be via email). The Mentor will refund unused hours prorated, minus a $500 package initiation fee.
Limited Liability: Except as expressly provided in this agreement, the Mentor makes no guarantees or warranties, express or implied. In no event will the Mentor be liable to the Client for consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that the Client may incur, the Mentor’s entire liability under this agreement, and the Client’s exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount paid by the Client to the Mentor under this agreement for all services rendered up until the termination date.
This is the entire agreement of the parties, and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations.
If a dispute arises out of this agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, the Client and Mentor agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to 30 days after notice given. If the dispute is not resolved between the Mentor and Client the two parties agree to resolve the dispute through mediation.
Please sign below by entering your name, email address and date. You will be sent a copy of this agreement by email for your records.